Change
Photo

PlayStation 4 non-RPG non-indie Eastern games?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

stratogustav

stratogustav

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
- Ace Combat 7 (TBR) - BlazBlue Chronophantasma Extend - Bloodborne - Darius Burst Chronicle Saviours - Dark Souls II Scholar Of The First Sin - Dark Souls III - Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round - Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3 Fortune - Deception IV The Nightmare Princess - Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax - Devil May Cry 4 Special - DMC Devil May Cry Definitive - Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires - Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends - Earth Defence Force 4.1 The Shadow Of New Despair - Gravity Rush Remastered - Gravity Rush 2 (TBR) - Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- - Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator (to be released) - Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes - Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain - Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines Infinite Duel - Nioh - Onechanbara ZII Chaos Banana Split - Resident Evil 6 - Resident Evil Origins - Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Samurai Warriors 4 - Samurai Warriors 4 Empires - Senran Kagura Estival Versus Endless Summer - Street Fighter V - Tekken 7 (TBR) - The Evil Within - The King Of Fighters XIV (TBR) - The Last Guardian (TBR) - Touhou Genso Rondo Bullet Ballet - TMNT Mutants In Manhattan (TBR) - Transformers Devastation - Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate I didn't include sports games like the PES series, or anime games like Naruto, One Piece, Saint Seita, Dragon Ball Z, but you can count those if you want. The question is what am I missing? These are the only ones I know. Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Scorpious

Scorpious

~The Violent Violet Ninja~

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,207 posts
  • LocationOn a rooftop looking at the moon
  • Twitch:scorpious17
  • XBL GT:Scorpious17
  • PSN ID :Scorpian-17
  • 3DS FC:1547-5203-5546
  • Wii U ID:Scorpian-17
Um, cool?

Also Ni-oh is an RPG. So don't count that one.

Soft Cabbage

Soft Cabbage

The Original Soft Cabbage. No sweet sour or BBQ flavor.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGMT+7

I think you pretty much got almost everything.

You may want to check out PSN Asia and Japan. There's unlocalized game where are you can take photos of girls in summer school. Seems like comedy game.

It has anime art style, though. Not sure if you'd like it.

stratogustav

stratogustav

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
@Scorpious I was thinking the same thing about the Souls games and Bloodborne, but the live action in those games, just like in Nioh, is too heavy to put them next to the other more planning based with screen menus type of RPGs. I still have to see NieR as well to see if it also falls into that type, the same goes for Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy XV, the more they are on the Devil May Cry / Ninja Gaiden side the less I consider them RPGs. @Soft Cabbage I just realized I forgot to include "Bladestorm Nightmare" and "Nobunaga's Ambition Sphere Of Influence", and that completes the list. The game you are talking about I never heard, I wonder what the name is, it sounds like a Vita game. Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

UpSideDownGRUNT

UpSideDownGRUNT

Admirer of Hitomi, Boob Fiend.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
  • PSN ID :UpSideDownGRUNT

it's on PS3 and PS4, I know which one he means too lol, you can also count Idol games like iM@S Platinum Stars and  Hatsune Miku Project Diva X etc. also if you don't count FFXV as an RPG you can put Yoru No Nai Kuni/Nights of Azure on that list too, since it doesn't specifically have JRPG elements despite being by Gust. (has similar controls to the warriors games)

Actually there's a TON of Japanese games that aren't JRPGs just most of them don't or very rarely come to the west *cough* Yakuza *cough*

Scorpious

Scorpious

~The Violent Violet Ninja~

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,207 posts
  • LocationOn a rooftop looking at the moon
  • Twitch:scorpious17
  • XBL GT:Scorpious17
  • PSN ID :Scorpian-17
  • 3DS FC:1547-5203-5546
  • Wii U ID:Scorpian-17

@Scorpious I was thinking the same thing about the Souls games and Bloodborne, but the live action in those games, just like in Nioh, is too heavy to put them next to the other more planning based with screen menus type of RPGs.

I still have to see NieR as well to see if it also falls into that type, the same goes for Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy XV, the more they are on the Devil May Cry / Ninja Gaiden side the less I consider them RPGs.

@Soft Cabbage I just realized I forgot to include "Bladestorm Nightmare" and "Nobunaga's Ambition Sphere Of Influence", and that completes the list.

The game you are talking about I never heard, I wonder what the name is, it sounds like a Vita game.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

That is not for you to decide. The souls games, Bloodbourne and Nioh are classified officially as Action RPGs. There still is planning in those games. Just with more control instead of menus. They don't have to be turn based to be considered RPGs. And they are a little too slow and have less options for combat for me to put them on the same boat as Ninja Gaiden or DMC.

stratogustav

stratogustav

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
@Scorpious For some reason Tapatalk does not posts my spaces bewtteen paragraphs even though I always do them. It doesn't let me edit them either. It only happens in this forum though.Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

@UpSideDownGRUNT I count it as of right now as RPG because it hasn't been released so I don't know how the game will ultimately come as. Pretty much anything that has writing on screen when battling is definitely RPG.Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users