Driftslave

Driftslave

Mod

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • LocationRichmond, CA
  • PSN ID :Therook_jza80

With 2016 E3 being a important event for Nintendo this year, I think this maybe the final push for the 3DS. 

The handheld has aged well, while it's launch was a rocky start and some people considered it to be bad...even a failure which caused for the late Iwata to have his salary cut. He and Nintendo didn't give up on it and with the arrival of key games, helped to get this handheld into peoples hands.

I personally purchase a 3DS with the release of Fire Emblem Awakening 3 years ago. Now with the recent release of Fire Emblem Fates, I again bought a New 3DS with the new game. However with in the last 6 months, the 3DS had some pretty impressive games get released and more are to follow.

I have a list of games to buy for the system because so many has come out. These include Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Pokemon ORAS, Final Fantasy Explorers and Project x Zone 2. Not to forget titles that are still on their way like Bravely Second, 7th Dragon III VFD, and Monster Hunter X. 

I believe that this is something of a final push for the console as they plan to announce it's replacement sometime soon so they want to dry up as many potential sales as possible. I think it's working, Pokemon Red/Blue 3DS bundles sold out pretty fast like the Fire Emblem ones did. Dragon Quest actually sold out of pre-orders as well in my area(all 9 gamestops in the area maxed out their pre-orders).

So what do you guys think? Nintendo needs to hurry up with their new handheld? They should ride the 3DS's hype till it stops? Or you don't really care since you only bought it for DOA: Dimensions...

Kas12

Kas12

I desire no title.. for I am only a man.

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts
  • LocationI am a pilgrim and stranger in a strange land, looking for a city whose builder and maker is God.

The 3DS has already cemented its worth for me. OOT3D, MM3D, Link Between Worlds, SF643D, DOAD, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Tales of the Abyss.. those are quite good enough for me. Not to mention Sonic 1 and 2 3D, and Senran Kagura. Triforce Heroes was garbage, and I don't really see anything else on the horizon worth caring about concerning 3DS. For me, the future is Wii U and PS4.

Scorpious

Scorpious

~The Violent Violet Ninja~

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,207 posts
  • LocationOn a rooftop looking at the moon
  • Twitch:scorpious17
  • XBL GT:Scorpious17
  • PSN ID :Scorpian-17
  • 3DS FC:1547-5203-5546
  • Wii U ID:Scorpian-17
I'm hoping they do come up with a new handheld or incorporate the NX in some way to be the new handheld. I personally want to see something new from them and drop the whole DS design altogether. Hopefully they can impress because 3D was a fad that died pretty fast and I think they need to step up their ideas.

Driftslave

Driftslave

Mod

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • LocationRichmond, CA
  • PSN ID :Therook_jza80

I don't have anything to look forward to past 7th Dragon I don't think...<-Most likely one more Pokemon game ->

The 3DS had a great run...and looking at the games I have and have yet to get...Its a console worth owning at least to me.

In terms of innovations towards the future I think we have a NX thread right? (Will edit later)

Shikou

Shikou

Vampire

• *Content Creators
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • LocationArizona U.S.

I enjoyed my 3DS (XL) and the games I got for it even though I keep forgetting about it when I got my PS3. The only games I've ever found myself spending a lot of time with are the main Pokemon games and Kingdom Hearts 3D including DOAD unlocking everything out of boredom. I plan to get Majora's Mask soon if I ever get the funds because there are so many other games and anime I want to buy that are top priority. I even bought a Japanese N3DS (XL) for imports.

As for future 3DS games... I dont think there is anything in store for me. 

Kodachi

Kodachi

Yung Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • XBL GT:x Kodachi x
  • PSN ID :xKodachi
  • 3DS FC:1676-4305-4325

Only game I'm looking forward to is Bravely Second, Nintendo never produces any "must haves" for me other than smash bros and Pokemon. I have a feeling Pokemon sun and moon are gonna be amazing the last few games were okay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users