1 reply to this topic

Shikou

Shikou

Vampire

• *Content Creators
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • LocationArizona U.S.

So when I start working again I plan on getting a PS4 while on the side I plan on saving up to get a new computer (ether desktop or laptop). I need a new one anyway because my current one is a Windows Vista and its like 8 to 9 years old. I believe most new updates do not support my computer anymore and there was one a few years back that made my computer unstable and barely usable because of abnormal lag until I wiped my hard drive with a reboot disc putting everything back to factory settings (as if its brand new again when i first turned it on). 

What I plan to do on my new computer (ether desktop or laptop) is video editing, PC gaming, streaming on twitch, possibly recording off video game consoles and having a second monitor. I also would like to screen record off my screen when I do gameplay videos of PC games with high settings. I talked with somebody on a chat, I told her when I used to make AMV videos a 4 minute video (SD 480p quality) takes about 20 - 30 minutes to render then I told her a 4 minute video widescreen with HD 720p quality video takes about an hour or an hour and a half to render. For her she told me it takes 15 minutes to render a 30 minute HD 1080p video. I want something like that because as somebody that likes editing something like this is ideal. Most of the time I dont do videos anymore is due to rendering times. 

If it helps what kind of PC gaming I plan to have, I have the specs of some games I have on my steam that i currently cant play on my current PC.

http://i.imgur.com/nkywDNM.png

This is the type of games on steam I have I can play

http://i.imgur.com/mIpekkP.png

Of course, these are my specs. Keep in mind, I had no knowledge when it came to good computer specs at the time. THis was like 2007 or 2008 and I was like 13 at the time (now 21).

Product details
Installed memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics processor: Intel GPU
Processor speed: 1.6 GHz
Operating system: Windows
Drive capacity: 250 GB Drive
Style: Tower

So if anyone has any suggestions for an already pre-built computer that would be good. If not and I have to build my own then what should I have? Also can somebody explain what V RAM is?

Kas12

Kas12

I desire no title.. for I am only a man.

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts
  • LocationI am a pilgrim and stranger in a strange land, looking for a city whose builder and maker is God.

VRAM is how much memory is on your graphics card.

If you want a box primarily for gaming, you'll need at least an Intel i5 and 8 GB RAM. You'll have to ask someone else about videocards because I've been out of that market for a while. Get a 250 GB SSD for your OS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users