• PipPipPip
  • 7,207 posts
  • LocationOn a rooftop looking at the moon
  • Twitch:scorpious17
  • XBL GT:Scorpious17
  • PSN ID :Scorpian-17
  • 3DS FC:1547-5203-5546
  • Wii U ID:Scorpian-17
So this year wasn't as great regarding long lists of good games, for me at least. But it did have some strong contenders for my pick of Game of the Year! Here are my choices and at the end I'll reveal my #1! And these aren't listed in any particular order so without adieu, let's get started!!

Rocket League
Metal Gear Solid 5
Halo 5
Splatoon
Rise of the Tomb Raider

And the winner is..........

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain!!

This was a spectacular end to a series I hold very dear to my heart! It was MGS's first attempt at an open world stealth game and it worked beautifully! Giving you the freedom of choice to decide how you want to handle your Mission. Will you take it slow and Recon the area before sneaking in? Or do you go in with a tank and cause destruction to get there faster? Many more things could be done in the world and having buddies like D-Dog, Quiet, D-Horse, and D-Walker to assist you in this huge world is another feature I really like about it. Now there are problems, like Kojima's vision not being fully realized which led to Konami not allowing development of a third chapter to the game's story, The story itself taking a bit of a backseat compared to other Metal Gear games due to the open world taking more development focus, and some minor nitpicks that I don't feel like mentioning. But I'm not looking at what the game could've been, I'm looking at what we got and what we did get was a really well made stealth game that closes off the series in more ways than one. It truly is a wonderfully designed and polished game!

The game also supports multiplayer with Metal Gear Online 3! It was released in October, about a month after the game came out. It is a very fun stealth and strategy oriented mode that pits two teams against eachother in a couple standard shooter modes and one unique mode called Cloak and Dagger. Where the objective is for one team who is fully cloaked has to steal a disc containing information from the enemy base and returning it to their own. The enemy team is fully armed with weapons to take out the stealth team. If they kill all of them, they win the round, and if the stealth team snags a disc and returns it then they win the round and the teams then switch positions. The catch is that there are no respawns. So matches can get pretty damn tense when you're trying not to be seen.

And with that I conclude this year's GOTY to be MGSV!

Be sure to tell me your Game of the Year and you can include some honorable mentions if you wish. Happy gaming guys! Here's to 2016!! Hope we have another good year in gaming! ^^

P.S: If anyone would want to elaborate on any of the other games on my list to see why I like them, just let me know~

Soft Cabbage

Soft Cabbage

The Original Soft Cabbage. No sweet sour or BBQ flavor.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGMT+7

2015 has been messy for me. Below are the games I played and hit my fun button this year. (not including ports)

- Saints Row 2

- Saints Row The Third

- Saints Row IV

- DOA5 Last Round

- Gran Turismo 6

- Rocket League

- Fallout 4

And the winner is...

Fallout 4

I'm a man of freedom. I like exploring and experiencing. I like customizing. And Fallout 4 just provide me that to the fullest.

In Fallout 4, I can create my full-voice character to the depth as that in Saints Row. I could modify and tinker my guns, melee weapon, and armor, then use them anyhow I like. But wait, there's more, who would've guessed that this game sparkle up my Harvest Moon soul? Topped-up by the ability of building my own base, just like The Sims but even better. This game also gives me freedom of approach. They can lead you, but if you're eager to try things up, you're always welcome to do that and eventually, you'll unfold different outcomes.

I like how they tell the story as well. They have one big objective to carry you from point A to point B. Along the way, you'll uncover many tales that will make you understand the big story within Fallout 4.

My words cannot cover this enough. But the excitement I get until today makes this game on the top of my list. This is truly my "Game of 2015".

>> Honorable Mention:

- Saints Row The Third. If there was no Fallout 4, this game would be on my top of the list for the same reason: "Freedom"

Scorpious

Scorpious

~The Violent Violet Ninja~

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,207 posts
  • LocationOn a rooftop looking at the moon
  • Twitch:scorpious17
  • XBL GT:Scorpious17
  • PSN ID :Scorpian-17
  • 3DS FC:1547-5203-5546
  • Wii U ID:Scorpian-17
You are a man of taste, Cabbage~ ^^

Shikou

Shikou

Vampire

• *Content Creators
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • LocationArizona U.S.

In my list I wont be putting the following games on the list because they came out already in Japan before 2015 but were recently localized and released in 2015 for English speakers. These games are

Fatal Frame 5 (2014) -THis game would have been in my 1st place but it's not a 2015 game
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (originally a PSP game that came out in 2011)
Godzilla (2014)
Corpse Party Blood Drive (2014)

The following games are my top 3

Persona 4: Dancing All Night
Life Is Strange
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth

I haven't bought any 2015 games this year. lol

UpSideDownGRUNT

UpSideDownGRUNT

Admirer of Hitomi, Boob Fiend.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
  • PSN ID :UpSideDownGRUNT

Top 5:

5. Resident Evil: Revelations 2: Claire is BACK, and she brought an old friend with her too! REvelations 2 was an interesting release in that it did what REv1 did but even better. Mix action with horror and have it actually work, I bought the disc version so I didn't have to wait to play the next episodes though and I haven't really cared to play Raid to really comment on that. But I was really pleased in Claire's return and I'm super hyped for a future Revelations 3.

4. Atelier: Shallie: This game was a random pick from some credit I had with ShopTo, And it's really good! turn based strategy JRPG where you craft your own items and synth weapons via Alchemy. Atelier Shallie, was a pleasent JRPG surprise now I just need to actually FINISH it >.>

3. Dead or Alive 5: Last Round: I don't think I actually need to comment on this you all know why I like DOA haha and EIN GOT A 1P!!!!

2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: Honestly I expected this to be my number 1 this year since GZ was my number 1 last year, but, too much controversey and cut cotent REALLY hinders this game. The fact that a story arc is flat out unfinished and cut because of whatever reason and the game just kinda sorta ends randomly it was just paced really weird and i won't even start on the dissappointing ending.... But despite it's flaws MGSV is still THE best stealth action game iv'e ever played and I will continue to play it and deem it as a rough WIP masterpiece.

1. Life is Strange: Best female character of 2015 by far and awesome story/writing I was ALWAYS so hyped for the next episode to see what shenanigans Max & Chloe got into next. Plus it has time travel and Lesbians so it's all good

Games I wanted to play but couldn't for varying reasons:

-Undertale

-Fallout 4

-GoW Ultiate Edition

-P4 Dancing All Night

-Uncharted: Nathen Drake Collection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users