Change
Photo

Nintendo NX thread

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Kas12

Kas12

I desire no title.. for I am only a man.

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts
  • LocationI am a pilgrim and stranger in a strange land, looking for a city whose builder and maker is God.

TEO20nE.jpg

Just thought I'd leave this here.

Scorpious

Scorpious

~The Violent Violet Ninja~

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,207 posts
  • LocationOn a rooftop looking at the moon
  • Twitch:scorpious17
  • XBL GT:Scorpious17
  • PSN ID :Scorpian-17
  • 3DS FC:1547-5203-5546
  • Wii U ID:Scorpian-17
Was this official from Nintendo or just a well made mock up? Either way, it looks just like the Gamepad but with slight detail differences. I wonder if it can indeed do more like some have been saying~

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts
  • LocationI am a pilgrim and stranger in a strange land, looking for a city whose builder and maker is God.

To be honest, I'm not even sure. I don't think Nintendo is above making a more efficient, slimmer Gamepad that requires less power consumption for the NX. The goal of Nintendo seems to be to offer any type of control necessary to make every kind of game idea possible. Except VR. They aren't going there.. yet.

Scorpious

Scorpious

~The Violent Violet Ninja~

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,207 posts
  • LocationOn a rooftop looking at the moon
  • Twitch:scorpious17
  • XBL GT:Scorpious17
  • PSN ID :Scorpian-17
  • 3DS FC:1547-5203-5546
  • Wii U ID:Scorpian-17
I wonder if the console/handheld idea is gonna come to fruition. I would really love that and that's honestly what I thought the Wii U Gamepad would be able to do. We'll see if this can be the one~

Soft Cabbage

Soft Cabbage

The Original Soft Cabbage. No sweet sour or BBQ flavor.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGMT+7

Best thing they can do other than backward compatible is to make a game two versions for NX and Wii-U. Kinda like PS4 and PS3/Vita. Then leave the Wii-U slowly.

However, I'm afraid this will be Wii-U MK-II with that most-likely-a-screened-game-pad.

Let's hope it'll be great and enough to knock Sony's JailStation4 and their filthy PayScam+ down to hell.

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

http://ca.ign.com/ar...good-and-evil-2

Nintendo is allegedly financially backing Beyond Good & Evil 2 for the company's code-named console NX.

According to a Destructoid rumor, Nintendo is funding the Ubisoft sequel, similar to what the company did with Bayonetta 2. As such, Beyond Good & Evil 2 would then come out exclusively on NX in 2017.

Driftslave

Driftslave

Mod

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • LocationRichmond, CA
  • PSN ID :Therook_jza80

man I don't know.

Also....I can't begin to care about Beyond Good and Evil...sorry if that offends people but after Anita rants and raves about that game..it just ending up killing it for me. I usually don't let shit like that affect me but...it's one of the few times where i swayed my viewpoint of said game.

I'll wait for whatever they show.

Shikou

Shikou

Vampire

• *Content Creators
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • LocationArizona U.S.

While Im happy that Nintendo has been baking games like Bayo and other games in the past I just cant help but feel that their console market hasn't been for me since the GameCube era. I enjoyed N64 games more than GameCube games and onward. Nintendo and I are pretty good in terms of handheld for Pokemon and other games here and there but its not the same relationship I have with SONY. I enjoy both their handheld and console games but Nintendo is just killing it for me for their console market. Notice how Im already half a paragraph in and not once have I complained about NOA's localization? NOA has been doing good things for the Wii-U and 3DS in terms of localization compared to the DS and Wii. THey have improved a lot which Im totally happy for but there aren't many games on their consoles for me to care about them. For sure I'll get a NX only if a Fatal Frame games gets made for it (Fatal Frame 6 is under early development apparently).

Speaking of Fatal Frame, I had made the biggest mistake when Fatal Frame 5 was announced. I was originally supposed to import a Japanese Wii-U but then it got announced which was awesome but at this point is when things got very very bad. The backlash NOA and NOE got for making the game eShop exclusive went out of hand that I and a handful of others felt embarrassed to be part of said fandom. At this point I am grateful for NOA bringing over the game I am just sad that I've came to a conclusion not to support domestic consoles because I can just feel it in my gut that the next game wont be coming over due to the immaturity of the fanbase who feel so entitled for a disc release and would bomb NOA for not bringing over a stupid Limited Edition (that was meh to begin with).

I'll still support Nintendo's consoles if they got Fatal Frame on it but I will be importing and not buy the domestic consoles. Of course as long as main Pokemon games are still a thing I'll buy their handhelds. Its just like I felt like I have wasted my time waiting 6 months to play a game I could have played a long time ago. Because of them they dragged me down along with them and wasted the great opportunity of telling Nintendo we want these games but instead they went protesting. I cursed out the head of Operation Zero because I was angry of how they were handling the news like if it was the end of the world. At that point I stopped promoting Operation Zero and I think I have removed all Operation Zero shout outs in articles.

At the end of the day, I still did my part and bought the localized version because Im a real fan who really wants this series to come back, unfortunately there are only a handful of us who actually care about the series and think digital is better than not getting it at all. Surprisingly as everyone I've talked in the past would find, I have no problem with the Wii-U. Its a pretty good console but Im just disappointed that there isn't any Japanese horror games as there were on the Wii with the exception of Fatal Frame. The 3DS only has like 3 and 1 got localized and the other 2 I downloaded to my Japanese N3DS. I hope the NX has something for me to care about it in terms of Japanese horror. Other than that, I have no reason to buy a Nintendo console because most of their games dont interest me very much like games on SONY handhelds and consoles. 

jwilliams

jwilliams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

http://ca.ign.com/ar...good-and-evil-2

Nintendo is allegedly financially backing Beyond Good & Evil 2 for the company's code-named console NX.

According to a Destructoid rumor, Nintendo is funding the Ubisoft sequel, similar to what the company did with Bayonetta 2. As such, Beyond Good & Evil 2 would then come out exclusively on NX in 2017.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 only on NX? Oh, come on!! I've been waiting this game for years just to find out, that it will be exclusive on nintendo console? Life is unfair :hemad:

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

It's really not a problem since nothing is stopping you from buying a Nintendo console apart from pride. If it were a PS5, with nothing released for it yet, just like PS4, everybody would be willing to get one.

UpSideDownGRUNT

UpSideDownGRUNT

Admirer of Hitomi, Boob Fiend.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
  • PSN ID :UpSideDownGRUNT
Who honestly cares? People complain that Nintendo has no "good" games(not true btw), but the second something they want like Bayonetta or BG&E2 are rumoured/announced to be exclusive to a Nintendo console they have some childish rant. The problem isn't Nintendo at this point.

Shikou

Shikou

Vampire

• *Content Creators
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • LocationArizona U.S.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 only on NX? Oh, come on!! I've been waiting this game for years just to find out, that it will be exclusive on nintendo console? Life is unfair :hemad:

I didn't complain when Fatal Frame 4 was announced for the Wii and not for PS3 (even though at the time it looked like a PS2 game). Grow up plz. :/

jwilliams

jwilliams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

It's really not a problem since nothing is stopping you from buying a Nintendo console apart from pride. If it were a PS5, with nothing released for it yet, just like PS4, everybody would be willing to get one.

Well, maybe I'm not like everyone. I bought PS 3, because there were plenty of awesome games, with PS 4 is similar situation, but I bought it only because of two games- Bloodborne and Until Dawn. But still I prefer playing on PC. And I don't want to buy a console because of one game. And about Nintendo- I have 3ds, and there are plenty of interesting games. I'm complaining more about how Nintendo decides, what games will be exclusive. 

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Well, I dont wanna sink the NX thread into a consolewar thread. But I know what response I always see when people are told what games are worth playing on PS4. I'll leave it at that.

Driftslave

Driftslave

Mod

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • LocationRichmond, CA
  • PSN ID :Therook_jza80

I've said the same thing I've always said.

I follow games and not consoles/platforms themselves. 

Playstation currently has most of the games I care about on their platform, followed by Nintendo...hence why I own their current gen hardware. Kas is right though, there is no point in bringing console wars into this as everyone has a "Preference". It's best to just leave it at that rather than trying to find some sort of justification to why you like one platform over another.

UpSideDownGRUNT

UpSideDownGRUNT

Admirer of Hitomi, Boob Fiend.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
  • PSN ID :UpSideDownGRUNT
The games that are/coming out on PS4 are also why I have a PS4. And if it wasn't for the NX coming out I'd buy a Wii U just for Bayo 2, TP HD, Zelda U, #FE and a few others

Shikou

Shikou

Vampire

• *Content Creators
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • LocationArizona U.S.

I've said the same thing I've always said.

I follow games and not consoles/platforms themselves. 

Playstation currently has most of the games I care about on their platform, followed by Nintendo...hence why I own their current gen hardware. Kas is right though, there is no point in bringing console wars into this as everyone has a "Preference". It's best to just leave it at that rather than trying to find some sort of justification to why you like one platform over another.

I second this

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

http://dualpixels.co...ndo-nx-details/

Luigi's Mansion 3 rumored for NX to achieve renderfarm animation quality visuals.

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

http://www.extremete...rful-than-a-ps4

Rumored to be more powerful than PS4 and utilize 2 screens similar to Wii U.

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

New leak suggests the following

• x86 architecture.

• Backup data to Nintendo server (most likely My Nintendo).

• Support for additional screen.

• Can handle ports of current-gen games.

• Will be able to interact with smartdevice apps.

• Using NX software will unlock My Nintendo reward points.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users