Change
Photo

Nintendo NX thread

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Kas12

Kas12

I desire no title.. for I am only a man.

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts
  • LocationI am a pilgrim and stranger in a strange land, looking for a city whose builder and maker is God.

So reports are starting to come out about NX and what it is and what it can do.  Nintendo has sent out development kits, and reports say that the NX is a console/handheld hybrid using cutting edge tech that is better than current generation Intel processors and current high end graphics cards.

http://mynintendonew...4-and-xbox-one/

>[O]ne software demo included with the kit crunches so many polygons that it’s currently impossible to run at 60fps using a current-generation Intel (we’re assuming a Core i7 Skylake) CPU and a nearly top-of-the-line graphics card…

Other reports say that the handheld part of the console would be like the gamepad except that it can be taken anywhere and play NX games, not just 20 feet away from the console.  Nintendo has been contacted to confirm or deny, but all Nintendo will say is that they will talk about NX at E3 2016.

Soft Cabbage

Soft Cabbage

The Original Soft Cabbage. No sweet sour or BBQ flavor.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGMT+7

1. If this is true, I hope they fucking open their eyes and stop the region lock (and any whatever locks they currently have). Great hardware will attract great games and users. Especially if online has no subscription bullshit, any gamers in their right mind will definitely get off from hustling motherfuckers and move to this console.

2. Inb4 PC fanboys yapping

Scorpious

Scorpious

~The Violent Violet Ninja~

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,207 posts
  • LocationOn a rooftop looking at the moon
  • Twitch:scorpious17
  • XBL GT:Scorpious17
  • PSN ID :Scorpian-17
  • 3DS FC:1547-5203-5546
  • Wii U ID:Scorpian-17
I'm so happy Nintendo is stepping it up now and man have they caught up if the NX is really that powerful! I can't wait for their official word on it!

Shikou

Shikou

Vampire

• *Content Creators
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • LocationArizona U.S.

1. If this is true, I hope they fucking open their eyes and stop the region lock (and any whatever locks they currently have).

Well when Iwata was still running and kicking....... 
http://www.siliconer...ree-says-iwata/

Soft Cabbage

Soft Cabbage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGMT+7

Well when Iwata was still running and kicking....... 
http://www.siliconer...ree-says-iwata/

What is this 'hurdles'? lol...

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts
  • LocationI am a pilgrim and stranger in a strange land, looking for a city whose builder and maker is God.

http://www.extremete...eve-seen-before

Nintendo-Patent1.png

It looks like Nintendo are developing the NX with the potential to enable render farm processing capabilities for home console gaming.  And that is insane.

Scorpious

Scorpious

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,207 posts
What exactly does that mean, Kas? Will it be like a PC or even better?

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Well, a render farm is basically the setup of professional computer animated movie studios where they network a number of PCs to use the collective processing power to output 90+ minute movies frame by frame. And that's kind of the idea behind this patent of Nintendos, to give the NX main console supplemental processing power to increase output or offset workload of the main CPU.

In simpler terms, there would be no graphical difference between NX games and Dreamworks/Disney studios feature length CG movies.

Scorpious

Scorpious

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,207 posts
That's crazy talk!! We're gonna reach CG already? I really want to see this in action!

Soft Cabbage

Soft Cabbage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGMT+7

They will use render farm?? Wow. Inb4 Sony trying to beat Nintendo and make silly fail innovation.

But the real question is, can we play the game offline? Maybe because we just moved in to new house or subscribing new provider or provider is down at the moment?

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Well, everybody cried to Nintendo to link everything to an account, which Nintendo didn't wanna do. But they done away with the old system, and in Japan they already have the Nintendo Account system in place, it'll be coming west soon. Will it be online only? I hope not..but people who act irresponsible with their consoles cause these kinds of things.

Soft Cabbage

Soft Cabbage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGMT+7

Link everything into an account is silly move.

Now gaming is like banking. Everything is about sign in, password, real name, biodata, credit card number, receipt, etc. What happened to 'turn on, insert game, start game'?

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

In an interview with Time magazine, Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima told Time that he didn't consider the Wii U a failure, and he never said anything like that.  His statement was misunderstood, and what he meant was that because of the 100 million install base of the Wii U, the only direction they could really have gone is down.  You can't transition 100 million people from Wii to Wii U. He also said that they would NOT be abandoning the Wii U for the NX any time soon, and that they need to continue to feed those who invested in the Wii U to make that investment worthwhile.

“What I want to do, I think our first job right now is to make sure that the customers, those 10 million customers who have a Wii U at home have software to play. And we need to make sure that they are satisfied with their purchase and continue to enjoy playing on this platform. So we can’t just abandon them and say ‘Hey, it’s time to move on to the next thing.’ Of course we are working on NX and looking at the experiences we can bring to that platform. But first our job at this point is to support the consumers who have purchased Wii U and make sure that they have software experiences available to them.”

“As far as NX goes, I’ve said it’s different and obviously a new experience,” he tells me. “If you look back to the beginning of our conversation today, we talked about the transition from Wii hardware to the Wii U hardware and how difficult it is to explain to the consumer base what is different and new about the new hardware. It’s difficult to convince them to switch from their current platform to the next platform.”

“That being said, I can assure you we’re not building the next version of Wii or Wii U. It’s something unique and different. It’s something where we have to move away from those platforms in order to make it something that will appeal to our consumer base.”

http://time.com/4131...hima-interview/

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Nomura Securities also revealed that the console’s “concept” is expected to be revealed during the spring, between March and May, with its official launch set to be either in October or November of this year. 
Read more at http://www.comingsoo...P1bmSxPAXzkm.99

Sounds bad. All of it sounds bad.

Shikou

Shikou

Vampire

• *Content Creators
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • LocationArizona U.S.

Why?

Scorpious

Scorpious

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,207 posts
All of it sounds pretty unrtue as well. But I don't think it's bad, the Wii U was a commercial failure for them. I think they need a pick me up of some kind to get them back up.

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

The reason it sounds bad is, a lot of people just bought a Wii U on black friday and for Christmas. Kimishima, a few posts ago, stated that they would continue releasing games on Wii U because they can't just bail out on the 10 million or so who bought one. This site is saying that Nintendo has decided Wii U has run its course and doesn't care if it sells more or not.

Second, if Nintendo does tell us in June that the NX is coming out Oct-Nov of this year, that means Wii U users aint getting jack after August and that the chance of Zelda being ported to NX is through the roof.  It's not cool to hold the Wii U version ransom in order to push the NX launch sales.  That and some people don't have $400+ for the privilege of playing Zelda on the day it was supposed to be released on Wii U just because Nintendo knows another cheap New Super Mario Bros game isn't gonna sell the NX. Especially since we can kinda do that ourselves now with Mario Maker.

Scorpious

Scorpious

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,207 posts
They've gone on record saying that the new Zelda will be on the Wii U only. And as for the people that just bought a Wii U, that's their problem for not getting one sooner. We got our fill of what the Wii U has to offer. I think 2017 would've been a better cut off for the Wii U's life span but I won't be salty at all if the system launches this year. I actually want to see their new system already because I know they could knock it outta the park!

UpSideDownGRUNT

UpSideDownGRUNT

Admirer of Hitomi, Boob Fiend.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
  • PSN ID :UpSideDownGRUNT
Here's the big Q... Will NX be like the Wii and Wii U and have full Wii U support, or would I be better off just getting a Wii U to play the Wii U games I want?

The last ti.e o bought a Nintendo console was a Wii for Skyward Sword and then the Wii U ended up coming out the same year... I don't want to repeat that mistake.

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

We dont know if the NX will be backwards compatible or not yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users