Change
Photo

Tales of Zestiria

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Kas12

Kas12

I desire no title.. for I am only a man.

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts
  • LocationI am a pilgrim and stranger in a strange land, looking for a city whose builder and maker is God.

Debut Trailer

Edna Scan

LR1Kvuq.jpg

Approx. translation: This year's 16th issue of Shueisha's Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Monday that Misato Fukuen (Yozakura Quartet, Rosario + Vampire) will play a character named Edna in Tales of Zestiria, Namco Bandai's newest installment in the Tales of series for the PlayStation 3. Minoru Iwamoto designed Edna, a sharp-tongued girl who fights with her parasol. She likes making people anxious with her words, and states that she hates humans. Edna does not trust people very easy, and is often on her guard. She is a Heavenly Being, the same as Mikurio.

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts
  • LocationI am a pilgrim and stranger in a strange land, looking for a city whose builder and maker is God.

Protags Slay and Alicia scan

ToZ-Jump-Kazu_12-17.jpg

New Character Miclio scan

ToZ-Chara-Mikurio-Scan.jpg

Overlord Laharl

Overlord Laharl

Netherworld's Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,748 posts
  • LocationOverlord's Castle
  • XBL GT:got one,don't use it
  • PSN ID :Sonicstorm-19

The latest set of Tales of Zestiria screenshots are in

http://gematsu.com/2...a-screenshots-3

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Large open environments.. excuse me while I take care of this boner.

Overlord Laharl

Overlord Laharl

Netherworld's Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,748 posts

Tales of Zestiria introduces new character Lailah

ToZ-Raira-Scan-HR_04-09-14.jpg

more info

http://gematsu.com/2...haracter-lailah

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

She looks pretty good.  The whole game is looking pretty good.  I feel sorry for the ones who won't be able to enjoy it because it's no longer using the linear battle system.

Driftslave

Driftslave

Mod

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • LocationRichmond, CA
  • PSN ID :Therook_jza80
Xillia's battle mechanics were godlike...I don't see the point in changing it. Especially Xillia 2 making it possible to have active style changes and run at a consistent 60fps.

That and I guess Fon Masters can exist outside of Abyss.

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

There may not be a point at all in changing it, but that doesn't mean the new battle system can't be a good time.

Driftslave

Driftslave

Mod

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • LocationRichmond, CA
Its official that tales of hearts R is coming to north america

Overlord Laharl

Overlord Laharl

Netherworld's Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,748 posts

yup it will be release in NA this winter. Now all we need now is innocence R. 

Overlord Laharl

Overlord Laharl

Netherworld's Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,748 posts

Tales of Zestiria 2nd trailer 

T-Singular

T-Singular

T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Sucks it's not on 360.

Overlord Laharl

Overlord Laharl

Netherworld's Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,748 posts

update on Tales of Zestiria 

more info on Laila's and Dezel battle styles 

Laila excels at fire base Heavenly Echo Artes, and can put up quite the fight in close ranged combat. Dezel fights with a special pendulum, using wind - attribute powers. He has some Artes that can attack forward and his sides, which allows him to control a good area of the battlefield while rounding up his enemies. http://www.siliconer...-battle-styles/

A new ability that lets Slay Fuse with Heavenly tribe members

This new feature is called "Kamui," which means something along the lines of Divine Convert, allows fusion between people and Heavenly tribe members. So far Slay is the only one that use this ability 

http://www.siliconer...-tribe-members/

Third trailer 

the trailer introduces New Character Zabeeda and it shows off the fusion ability 

Tales of Zestiria to get a TV special anime for the game 

first trailer 

more info to be revealed in the near future

http://www.siliconer...-festival-2014/

Driftslave

Driftslave

Mod

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • LocationRichmond, CA

Thread reopened, New gameplay footage has been released.

Some event scenes

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Not as real time as I thought.. but still pretty real timey.  Interesting though.. seems like a Xillia progression.

Driftslave

Driftslave

Mod

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • LocationRichmond, CA

It's almost there. Thing is, due to the nature of tales (and other older school JRPG's) battle transitions are kinds still needed. 

I know people can use the Dragons dogma or other WRPG example of full parties out on the map at 1 time and engaging enemies in real time but Tales and other games have very intricate battle mechanics, sometimes those are the showcase of the game in itself and mastering the combat system is the real enjoyment of the game outside the narrative aspect.

I really like the animations they have in this game, the running looks very Fluid and the pacing looks pretty legit. The character models also look nice, Nice to see how they are using lighting in this title and further pushing the PS3 to the limit. Lets hope it has better frame rate than Xillia 1 in chaotic battles. 

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

The lighting does look rather nice for a Tales game.  The only thing I think is missing is self shadowing for the characters.. and I noticed some pop-in on the overworld.  But when EGM was whining about pop-in on the N64, I was busy playing my N64 games, and having fun.  And if Xillia is any indication..this looks like a game with substance.  As long as it doesn't get shortchanged halfway through development and released in numbers.  It kinda reminds me of the days of Phantasia.  There was a certain quality.. and a certain effort that you could feel in Phantasia.  I respected it.

Driftslave

Driftslave

Mod

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • LocationRichmond, CA

Though not directly game related....

Tales of Zestiria Figures have been announced and the main hero and heroine have been slated for production. Kotos has shown a grayscale prototype at Wonderfest. 

DSC_0500-noscale.jpg

Lookin' pretty sweet rite?

If you notice in the background they have an announcement board stating that the heroine will be sculpted by Alter, so when she gets a prototype, I'll post it as soon as I know about it.

Koto's has usually pretty reasonable prices on their anime/game related figures, so they wont be breaking bank to get one.

As usual, Me and Kas will keep you guys posted so Favorite the thread for future updates.

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

lol the game isn't even out yet

Overlord Laharl

Overlord Laharl

Netherworld's Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,748 posts

Sergei Strelka and Lucas are two of the characters that you'll encounter in Tales of Zestiria 

http://www.siliconer...-sorey-friends/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users