Change
Photo

Hyrule Warriors

90 replies to this topic

Kas12

Kas12

I desire no title.. for I am only a man.

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts
  • LocationI am a pilgrim and stranger in a strange land, looking for a city whose builder and maker is God.

Nintendo announced today in a Nintendo Direct that a game by Koei/Omega Force is being developed that blends the lore and setting of Legend of Zelda with the mass one-man army slaying shenanigans of it's Warriors franchises to create a game that is Tentatively titled Hyrule Warriors, exclusively for the Nintendo 

Wii U.  

Trailer straight from Nintendo:

deathofaninja

deathofaninja

Thunder Road

• *Content Creators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,597 posts
  • LocationGambler's Paradise

I'm not going to rule it out yet, but the Dynasty Warriors mechanic is tiresome and boring. 

Scorpious

Scorpious

~The Violent Violet Ninja~

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,207 posts
  • LocationOn a rooftop looking at the moon
  • Twitch:scorpious17
  • XBL GT:Scorpious17
  • PSN ID :Scorpian-17
  • 3DS FC:1547-5203-5546
  • Wii U ID:Scorpian-17

I was pretty excited when I saw this. I wonder if there will still be dungeons and exploitation, or at least more playable characters. This surprised me. I hope it does well.

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts
  • LocationI am a pilgrim and stranger in a strange land, looking for a city whose builder and maker is God.

I think they will use the Samurai Warriors castle raiding style for dungeons and stuff.  The trailer shows that Link will still open boxes and acquire tools and stuff.. so all that is somehow worked into the core Musou gameplay.

Overlord Laharl

Overlord Laharl

Netherworld's Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,748 posts
  • LocationOverlord's Castle
  • XBL GT:got one,don't use it
  • PSN ID :Sonicstorm-19

very cool trailer it will be interesting to see what else they do. 

Female Tengu

Female Tengu

Scorpian's troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • XBL GT:GalaxySpider
  • PSN ID :GalaxySpider
Another game for the Legend of Zelda CDI Collection xD

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

New Combat Details for Hyrule Warriors:

In terms of combat itself, equippable sub-weapons and neat dodge mechanics are both brand new elements, while Zelda's monstrous bosses make for more interesting targets than 'another muscled guy in a fancy hat'. Seeing more tactical play unfold around a fight against a fireball-belching, somersault-attacking Dodongo laying waste to Hyrule Castle's guards has us very excited for other historic horrors we could be seeing fill our screens. 

You can't help feel that Omega Force has struck gold. As Koinuma himself says, he's "been rejected many times" for other licensing ideas, but the sheer appeal of this one, to Warriors and Zelda fans, eastern and western, and the history behind it gives it an incredible amount of material with which to work. - See more at: http://www.zeldainfo...rs#.U0QCffk7t8F

So then it's not gonna be just Dynasty Warriors gameplay slapped on Zelda characters.  It will follow Zelda formulas and develop the Warriors gameplay further than ZOMG LINK VS LUBU, READY MASH ATTACK.

I'm extremely interested in seeing how  this ends up.. but the more I see of Wii U's games now, and to come, the more I wish people would stop hating on it because it's not a budget PC.  The games are gorgeous and you have to be trolling to say different. 

Scorpious

Scorpious

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,207 posts

Wow! And I was just gonna buy it because it's Zelda mixed with DW but now hearing it's gonna be different and a nice blend makes me even more excited to play it! (:

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

http://www.zeldainfo...15#.U20Fl_k7t8E

Rumors.  But seriously.. spring of next year?  Nintendo pls.

deathofaninja

deathofaninja

Thunder Road

• *Content Creators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,597 posts
  • LocationGambler's Paradise

That's a long wait for that kind of game. I don't believe it.

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

The spring of next year rumor is for Zelda U.. Hyrule Warriors is rumored for fall of this year.  Either way, Nintendo pls.

Scorpious

Scorpious

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,207 posts

Oh well that's not so bad. I thought Hyrule Warriors was dated for next year. That'd be ridiculous. I can understand Zelda U being released next year though, but spring I'm not sure...

Scorpious

Scorpious

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,207 posts

2z585xx.jpg

Posted on Chin Soon Sun's Facebook. He said and I quote: "It's a collaboration between Nintendo with Tecmo Koei - Omega Force's Hisashi Koinuma and Team Ninja's Yosuke Hayashi." So Team Ninja has some hand in this huh? Zelda mixed with DW and possibly Ninja Gaiden mechanics in there. Sounds awesome~! Looks like you'll be able to play as Impa as well. I'm pretty excited for this!

Female Tengu

Female Tengu

Scorpian's troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationGermany
Who is the weird female with the bird mask? Have never seen her in a Zelda game before.

2a02ea88c2d98e07c7551972cf83e08b.jpg

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

It's a witch named Shia who has something to do with the Triforce.  She ends up being jealous of Link and Zelda's relationship, captures Zelda and so Link has to save her.  Please though, tell us why the premise is garbage and why you're above playing such overused trite.  Tell us how uninformed you are, about the game just being DW with a Zelda skin on it, and how it's just gonna be some uninspired hack and slash cash grab that Nintendo is trying to use to sucker people into buying Wii U's.  Because that's all most of the gamer population is worth anymore, using uninformed, baseless hivemind garbage, vying for the attention of others like them to help in tearing down what someone else likes, acting as if they're inferior gamers for liking it.  

Female Tengu

Female Tengu

Scorpian's troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationGermany

What?

Well, anyways, I guess the second part is directed at me.

First: the DW series represents a way of making games I don't like. The series resembles an

uninspired hack and slash cash grab

with a yearly release cycle, which underpins the "love" the developers put into these games even more.

I have nothing against games with mediocore graphics, and simple game mechanics. Hell, I bought Mega Man 9 and 10 for Xbox 360, 8-bit successors of the true original NES series. Loved it. But I know what Capcom wanted to do here.

BUT, if this cycle repeats again and again and again, then I have no respect for that. Not in this age of gaming.

Great example is the new Child of Light, Ubisoft made. A beautiful game, with 2D graphics but super sweet animations, an outstanding beautiful soundtrack and a clichee-like but nice fairy tale story.

You see, the monent I started that game I noticed that the team from Ubisoft didn't made that game for the sake of money or profit, they made it because they love making games. They really wanted to make this game, even though it had the potantial to flop hard BECAUSE of its story, gameplay and maybe the design.

DW certainly does not fall under that category. I can't see ANYTHING like that in this series.

So what is KOEI doing with these games? They didn't even try with DW8, which, not to my surprise, looks like a weak 360/PS3 game. On SUCH a system. Are you kiddin' me? Is that the best you can do with a slasher, after like how many games? And this is just the pure 8th game. I'm not even counting all the DW "Xtreme" and "Xtreme Legends" sub games.

In the end, you can say and like what you want, Kas. I will accept that, I have to. It won't change my mind on the DW game, though.

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Thats fine for DW. This is not DW, and Nintendo would not let this be just "DW". It will absolutely be refined into something very enjoyable, and Zelda-like.  The only thing that can ruin this for me is if I have to pursue Lu Bu.

Female Tengu

Female Tengu

Scorpian's troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationGermany
Well, I guess I can only trust you and Nintendo here. I admit that I'm interested in the outcome of this game (additions to the Zelda universe cauz I like the franchise) but I also see certain "dangers" that could occur especially when I look at the DW series. I will see...

And thx for the Info about that character.

Kas12

Kas12

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

English Logo and Official art

http://www.zeldainfo...ia#.U4Nl-fldXSg

Story Details for Hyrule Warriors

http://www.zeldainfo...hyrule-warriors

37 New Screenshots

http://www.zeldainfo...an#.U36lifldXEU

Female Tengu

Female Tengu

Scorpian's troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationGermany

So Shia developed feelings for Link and she was in charge of protecting the equilibrium of the Triforce. And now she is jelly because of Links and Zeldas relationship and brings chaos over Hyrule with her two Minions Valga and Wizro.

Pretty interesting. Love is the reason.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users