Change
Photo

Sailor Moon Crystal July 5, 2014, Baby! (UPDATE: CHARACTER DESIGNS AND NEW VOICE ACTORS REVEALED!)

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Awesmic

Awesmic

Beginner

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationJonesboro, GA (United States)
  • XBL GT:Awesmic
  • PSN ID :Awesmic
  • 3DS FC:4425-1552-0190

http://www.animenews...-in-summer-2013

Publisher Kodansha and creator Naoko Takeuchi announced on Friday that a new anime adaptation of Takeuchi's Sailor Moon manga is being produced. The new anime series is aimed for release next summer, and the idol group Momoiro Clover Z will perform a theme song.
Kodansha and Takeuchi made the announcement during a live event celebrating the 20th anniversary of the manga.Momoiro Clover Z sang the first Sailor Moon anime's theme song "Moonlight Densetsu" at the event via a live video feed from France, where they are guests of Japan Expo.

Although Kotono Mitsuishi and Tohru Furuya, the voices of Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino and Tuxedo Mask/Mamoru Chiba in the first Sailor Moon anime, were present at the live event, the event did not specify that they will reprise their roles in the new series. The event also did not specify which song Momoiro Clover Z will perform as a theme song of the new anime.

Kodansha editor Fumio Osano confirmed that the new anime project is not a film project.

UPDATE: Official trailer launches on March 21, 2014, approximately 8 days from now!

http://sailormoon-of....com/animation/

UPDATE: New reboot is officially titled "Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal", and the 1st official promo art has been leaked to the public:

sailor-moon-anime.png

Kodachi

Kodachi

[Holy Vigoor Emperor]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • XBL GT:x Kodachi x
  • PSN ID :xKodachi
  • 3DS FC:1676-4305-4325
OMG This is Amazing news ;_;
I hope the theme isnt too different from the original :o

Awesmic

Awesmic

Beginner

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

OMG This is Amazing news ;_;
I hope the theme isnt too different from the original :o

Of course it's gonna be different.

It just said a different band is singing the dad-gummed song.

Kodachi

Kodachi

[Holy Vigoor Emperor]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • XBL GT:x Kodachi x
  • PSN ID :xKodachi
  • 3DS FC:1676-4305-4325

Of course it's gonna be different.

It just said a different band is singing the dad-gummed song.

I know but the Original one was soo Iconic, I just want them to stay true to the original.
it doesn't have to be Exactly the Same. I just want it to be catchy and bring back memories~ ^_^

Awesmic

Awesmic

Beginner

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

I know but the Original one was soo Iconic, I just want them to stay true to the original.
it doesn't have to be Exactly the Same. I just want it to be catchy and bring back memories~ ^_^

If I can play it during a drive-by shooting in GTA San Andreas and feel good about it, I'll know they're doing something right.

Overlord Laharl

Overlord Laharl

Netherworld's Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,742 posts
  • LocationOverlord's Castle
  • XBL GT:got one,don't use it
  • PSN ID :Sonicstorm-19
OMG this is awesome i'm so pump now Sailor Moon was one my favorite shows growing up. :D

Awesmic

Awesmic

Beginner

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts
Yeah... Toonami's gonna be hanging in there for a few more years. With this news out in the open, CN can't put Toonami on life support now.

Overlord Laharl

Overlord Laharl

Netherworld's Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,742 posts
  • LocationOverlord's Castle
  • XBL GT:got one,don't use it
  • PSN ID :Sonicstorm-19
^^ so true it would be awesome if Toonami put's the new sailor moon next summer.
Let's hope Toonami is getting the high ratings

incognito

incognito

The Wayward Cardboard Cutout

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Locationbehind the ninja
  • XBL GT:ask (no gold)
  • PSN ID :ask
  • 3DS FC:ask
My interest in this is great.

Of course they wouldnt just cut and paste anything from the old show.. but looking at past remakes/sequels to anime with iconic music, I'm sure it'll be like a new cover/take on the same old song and tune (like they've done with Hokuto no Ken and Cutey Honey in the past) But I think they should have got a more prestigous singer to do it, not some idol group =P (Didn't Usagi's/Christie's VA sing? She should do the new song)

I'm also expecting this to be more like the manga in content, but I doubt they'll make it look more like the manga or even like the 90s style the old anime had.. in fact, I'm a little worried we'll be seeing what is accepted as the look of teenagers in todays anime - moe~

Posted Image

Please... not this, please. :( lol

Whatever it looks like, I doubt it'll look as awesome and beautiful as the old show did... unless maybe they get Rin Shin to work on it, albeit more conservatively than her other works...

Awesmic

Awesmic

Beginner

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

My interest in this is great.

Of course they wouldnt just cut and paste anything from the old show.. but looking at past remakes/sequels to anime with iconic music, I'm sure it'll be like a new cover/take on the same old song and tune (like they've done with Hokuto no Ken and Cutey Honey in the past) But I think they should have got a more prestigous singer to do it, not some idol group =P (Didn't Usagi's/Christie's VA sing? She should do the new song)

Kotono Mitsuishi - or any voice actress from the main cast - performed the lyrics for "Moonlight Densetsu". But she did perform some image songs and a select few from the movies.

I'm also expecting this to be more like the manga in content, but I doubt they'll make it look more like the manga or even like the 90s style the old anime had.. in fact, I'm a little worried we'll be seeing what is accepted as the look of teenagers in todays anime - moe~

Posted Image

Please... not this, please. :( lol

If Saint Seiya's art style for Saint Seiya Omega is in line with the 80s series and all of Leiji Matsumoto's anime - to this day - still has the same art style, I don't think we'll have to worry about drastic changes. They'll find a way to balance it out.

incognito

incognito

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Kotono Mitsuishi - or any voice actress from the main cast - performed the lyrics for "Moonlight Densetsu". But she did perform some image songs and a select few from the movies.

You mean to say no one from the cast sang in Moonlight Densetsu right? I figured as much, but I meant that maybe they could bring her back now to sing the new Moonlight Densetsu, since I know you've said she's sang other songs before. Do you think Mitsuishi could reprise her role of Usagi even? After reading what Harada said about voice acting I have to wonder, lol.

On a related note, I loved how even the english dub I saw on TV ended up being the same song with different english lyrics rather than it getting completely replaced by something else.. no wonder it got me hooked on the series as soon as I saw it. But then even how Tekkaman Blade's "Teknoman" opening was done also got be hooked on that series, lol. Pokemon's intro on the other hand nearly turned me away from the anime.. but I did manage to watch one or two seasons I think (yeah I was actually annoyed by it, so much that I only started watching once the intro ended XD)

Awesmic

Awesmic

Beginner

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

You mean to say no one from the cast sang in Moonlight Densetsu right? I figured as much, but I meant that maybe they could bring her back now to sing the new Moonlight Densetsu, since I know you've said she's sang other songs before. Do you think Mitsuishi could reprise her role of Usagi even? After reading what Harada said about voice acting I have to wonder, lol.

Dude, do you know who she is? Mitsuishi is the Michael Jordan to Rie Kugimiya's Kobe Bryant, and she's still in the game of voice acting. Even in the recent Evangelion movies, she still hasn't lost her voice for Misato Katsuragi since nineteen-ninety-muthafuckin'-five!

She got this, mane! =P

incognito

incognito

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
lol, I'm sure of that, but I was only thinking of how Harada said that some VAs decline to do roles they did years ago for one reason or another (not due to retirement/age but maybe for other reasons). But if she's still rocking Misato (yay, one of the few Eva characters that appeals to me, lol) then I guess we're fine.

Awesmic

Awesmic

Beginner

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts
All this talk about Sailor Moon makes me wanna bring up the one good fighting game on Super Famicom.

Most of the Japanese casual matches the YT user Soh85 uploaded were recently made private, but I found one decent vid.

NOTE: Uranus = DOA4 Hayabusa

XXNinjaGirlXX

XXNinjaGirlXX

The Lonely Shinobi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • LocationKasumi Clan
  • XBL GT:CXXNinjaGirlCXX
  • 3DS FC:0387-8814-9819
I heard the news online! I can't believe. I am going to watch it. :)

incognito

incognito

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
Hey Awesmic, I dont know if it's true but I read on Sankaku Complex that Mitsuishi is confirmed for reprising the role of Usagi... (their source for the information is a Japanese link that I cant read to make sure, though)

Awesmic

Awesmic

Beginner

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts
The only thing confirmed is the fact she and Tohru Furuya were at Japan Expo. They didn't say anything about reprising roles yet.

Awesmic

Awesmic

Beginner

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Thread updated with new info.

New, exciting, manly tears info.

TinaFan365

TinaFan365

I don't main characters anymore I play as anybody I want to

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • LocationTina's house
  • PSN ID :BigE365

I'm looking forward to the remake in July.

ayanee

ayanee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Yep again they postponed maybe this is for good anyways they are so secretive about new anime. I am so curious about the new sailor scouts :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users