5961 replies to this topic

deathofaninja

deathofaninja

Thunder Road

• *Content Creators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts
  • LocationGambler's Paradise
Maybe we're thinking DLC too soon... why not wait six months to a year so that we can appreciate the DLC. Most of the time I don't have time to get used to the original content of a game before DLC starts pouring in.

sandman420

sandman420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
They already said they wont do character-DLC. Maybe, they'll do new costumes/levels DLC?

cmats4020

cmats4020

DOAWorld Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

They already said they wont do character-DLC. Maybe, they'll do new costumes/levels DLC?

They probably won't do levels for the same reason as characters.

SweetDeath

SweetDeath

Ninja Dancer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationStratford
  • XBL GT:SweetDeathic
Not won't do character dlc but probably not andthats all changed now. In terms of kasumi and ayane cosplaying mik and mayu from fatal frame 2 its possible due to the recent remake and how their costumes were used in the directors cut

Shin

Shin

Empty your mind, be formless,shapeless. Like water

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationChico, CA
  • PSN ID :DarkStryfe
really hoping for more costumes, and new ones and that but I have feeling it could be old costumes

Kodachi

Kodachi

+ ANGEL HEART +

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts
  • XBL GT:x Kodachi x
  • PSN ID :xKodachi
  • 3DS FC:1676-4305-4325

School Clothes DLC Pack

Posted Image

Gym clothes DLC pack

Posted Image

SweetDeath

SweetDeath

Ninja Dancer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationStratford
  • XBL GT:SweetDeathic
If kasumi doesn't have her sailor outfit in vanilla 5 I will RAGE. Maybe get doa3 school outfit

Ayane The Bloodedge 64

Ayane The Bloodedge 64

DOAWorld Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
Delete

Ayane The Bloodedge 64

Ayane The Bloodedge 64

DOAWorld Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
These should be the dlc characters that should be in DOA5 (if there will be any)

1.Leon
2.Shiden
3.Momiji
4.Rachel
5.Ryo (from Shenmue)
6.Donovan (if he is the DOA5 boss)

JannLee360

JannLee360

DOAWorld Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • XBL GT:JannLee360
Personally I thnk if they are going to do DLC it should be free of charge, unless it's a big expansions pack like you can have it for Skyrim or Oblivion or a huge DLC like for the Battlefield games but I doubt something like that will ever be released for a fighting game. Purchasing 400 Microsofts points or else for a character or a bunch of costumes is an outrage in my opinion.

So back to the question: IF there is a dlc I'd hope it will be a load of new costumes & characters. I think I could live with characters but as I said, for free then... but there are still people without online connection and I think it would be wrong to exclude them from that content. But on the other hand any additional content wouldn't be available for offline players anyway. Basically, development of DLC, if there will be some, should start after the main game is finished.

Given the fact that buyers (like myself) of the collecotrs edition will get downloadable outfits you guys can be sure that there definitely be some kind of DLC.

cmats4020

cmats4020

DOAWorld Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

These should be the dlc characters that should be in DOA5 (if there will be any)

1.Leon
2.Shiden
3.Momiji

I think these are good. Maybe Rachel, but Momiji all the way! ^-^

Personally I thnk if they are going to do DLC it should be free of charge, unless it's a big expansions pack like you can have it for Skyrim or Oblivion or a huge DLC like for the Battlefield games but I doubt something like that will ever be released for a fighting game. Purchasing 400 Microsofts points or else for a character or a bunch of costumes is an outrage in my opinion.

I think the least they should do is free character DLC, because honestly, that's not even fair. I think they mentioned this though, so . . . but with costumes, they need to make money somehow other than just the game itself.

Ayane The Bloodedge 64

Ayane The Bloodedge 64

DOAWorld Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

School Clothes DLC Pack

Posted Image

Gym clothes DLC pack

Posted Image

Omg, awsome idea

Hobo Ninja

Hobo Ninja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationDaydreaming~
  • XBL GT:Shinobi z3r0
I would like to see more costumes, especially those from past Dead or Alive games. If they do have character DLC, I hope they put in Kage-Maru and Jacky Bryant from Virtua Fighter; if they're not in the game. Just imagine the kind of Izuna Drop/Otoshi that Ryu and Kage would do in Tag Team.

Also, I kind of hope they add more modes, if possible.

cmats4020

cmats4020

DOAWorld Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I would like to see more costumes, especially those from past Dead or Alive games. If they do have character DLC, I hope they put in Kage-Maru and Jacky Bryant from Virtua Fighter; if they're not in the game. Just imagine the kind of Izuna Drop/Otoshi that Ryu and Kage would do in Tag Team.

Also, I kind of hope they add more modes, if possible.

I wouldn't think they'd put in more guest characters. That just ruins the whole point of this game being called Dead or Alive and not DOA vs VF.

Hobo Ninja

Hobo Ninja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationDaydreaming~
  • XBL GT:Shinobi z3r0
Good point. Hm... They could do costumes for the respective characters. Like a Jacky Bryant costume for Jann Lee, Kage for Ryu, etc. Though there wouldn't be enough characters to cover the entire cast. Only time will tell. =]

Shinobi2u

Shinobi2u

Casual Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • XBL GT:DevilishlyZexy
  • PSN ID :Devilishly Zexy

I wouldn't think they'd put in more guest characters. That just ruins the whole point of this game being called Dead or Alive and not DOA vs VF.

Suddenly I could picture Tecmo VS Sega in my head. Dynasty Warriors against Shenmue cast, Tengu versus Sonic, Ryu versus Joe from Shinobi, Hitomi versus Ulala, Rygar versus.....Ecco the Dolphin. It would be so awesomely bad and it should never, EVER happen.

cmats4020

cmats4020

DOAWorld Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Suddenly I could picture Tecmo VS Sega in my head. Dynasty Warriors against Shenmue cast, Tengu versus Sonic, Ryu versus Joe from Shinobi, Hitomi versus Ulala, Rygar versus.....Ecco the Dolphin. It would be so awesomely bad and it should never, EVER happen.

They should, however, make a DOA vs VF though! That'd be awesome! I mean, both the games have very similar storylines, why not? But they'd have to use the DOA system of things from graphics, to controls, otherwise, I wouldn't buy it!

Shinobi2u

Shinobi2u

Casual Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • XBL GT:DevilishlyZexy
  • PSN ID :Devilishly Zexy

They should, however, make a DOA vs VF though! That'd be awesome! I mean, both the games have very similar storylines, why not? But they'd have to use the DOA system of things from graphics, to controls, otherwise, I wouldn't buy it!

Yeah it would work pretty well. I actually popped in VF5 the other night and went through the training session with Sarah (for DOA5) and Eileen (cause she was my main). Really except for the holds in DOA (and some slight supernatural/magical moves), they play really similar (way closer than Street Fighter and Tekken are), so I could totally see it happening.

IRON-ROD808

IRON-ROD808

DOAWorld Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
if it was a 2D fighter i would be asking for DLC stages, but i know is a lot of work to create dlc stages for 3D fighters so i wont bother, but i would like more costumes,more characters and classic BGM.

DraculaMetal

DraculaMetal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationSpain
  • XBL GT:DraculaMetal
think about dlc costumes, what could happen when you get to play online? messages of "you cant play against this user because of missing files" etc etc everywhere. in that case TN would have to release an update with either a "replacing" costume (one default costume you will see everytime you fight someone with paid costumes) or just the costume itself but being blocked untill you pay for it, like in soul calibur V

or.. free update with free new clothes for everyone.. one can still dream..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users