The Wayward Cardboard Cutout

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Locationbehind the ninja
  • XBL GT:ask (no gold)
  • PSN ID :ask
  • 3DS FC:ask

Im kind of getting the feeling there may not be a tournament this time around. I mean the backround from what i've seen of the start menu of DOA 5 kinda looks like a war or something is going on.....maybe after Alpha-152 escaped she set out to do what she was created for which is destroy everything in her path. It would be cool if like all the characters kind of joined together to like take her and Donovan down!!!

Simple yet 100% perfectly awesome :o this is probably the best idea for DOA5's story I've heard yet. I'm not a fan of tournament-based storylines. To add to that, how about other subplots going on between certain characters and everyone having different characters as their final boss? Maybe even, since there's no tournament, at certain points of story mode, your selected character teams up with someone close to their story to take someone or another team of characters on, kinda like an idea taken from Chronicles mode on DOA:D (so it wasnt completely useless, lol).

If there really is a single "winner", then I'd guess maybe it's one of the new characters, or another ninja again, lol. If I had to guess it might be anyone other then that, then so far, I agree with others that it could be Bayman. Either that we'll have to wait till the first major DOA5 tournament to find out. ;)

It's difficult to predict who will actually win DOA5 since the fact that this issue has never been relevant on the previous games. For example, apparently, Zack won DOA3 so he could earn millions from the prize and buy an island. In DOA4 there was never an explicit winner but Tina (maybe) due to, if you remember, she stated on TV (in the Bass cutscene hehe) that if she'd win the tournament, she would become a rockstar, something that eventually, she did. So, who knows? xD

I'm pretty sure that just like with Tekken and some other fighters, not all ending are true, they just show you what would happen if they were the ones to win after you beat the game with them. That's one of the major reasons why the stories in a lot of fighters dont come off too clear. I'd assume that Helena's ending in DOA4 is the most true ending and anyone's ending that relates to her's is also true (Bayman's, Ayane's, Hayate's, Ryu's). It could be also that others are true as well actually, because unlike in Tekken no one's ending in DOA4 really clashes with anyone else's (cant say the same for DOA2 though), even Tina's, cuz maybe (and I bet this is true if I know Tina, lol) she became a rockstar anyways. It's not like she had to win to do that anyways, she probably juse used the tournament for publicity for it.

Sometimes who wins the tournament is also mixed in some ways, like apparently (I got this from doawiki I think, and I think whoever put the info there got it from a mook or something) Kasumi gave her DOA1 winnings to Tina (so maybe Zack got his money the same way in DOA3, I doubt Ayane would take the cash just like Kasumi didnt), and on top of that it seems (cuz of DOA:D) Kasumi also had help beating the final match in that tournament, so who is really considered to be the tournaments winner? Kasumi, Ryu, both? lol

Kodachi

Kodachi

[Holy Vigoor Emperor]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,820 posts
  • XBL GT:x Kodachi x
  • PSN ID :xKodachi
  • 3DS FC:1676-4305-4325
yeah i didnt like that the Kunoichi's had help from the Ninja dudes *feminism mode*. it just made things more confusing like who actually Won then o.O ??

incognito

incognito

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
I looked back at the doawiki to make sure (I take what's here as fact so far, but you never know, TN they could change things... I remember them saying that along with Tina getting the DOA1 tournament winnings, she had also been runner up, but DOA:D changed that by saying Ryu came in 2nd so that parts been removed in the wiki, bleh, lol)

http://deadoralive.w...at_Championship

I guess I didnt remember exactly how Ryu helped, so I watched that part again on youtube. I guess you can either say Kasumi won or both Ryu and Kasumi, lol, though they make it seem like Kasumi couldnt have won without Ryu as well. =p

And I wouldnt say anyone won the 4th tournament. You could say Helena did, but all she really did is blow up the Tri Towers and Alpha 152 got away, so either there was no longer a tournament to win or no one technically won the final battle of the tournament. Whichever is the answer, they both dont make for a winner, and maybe there wont be one in DOA5 either.

G R I M M I E

G R I M M I E

The Baddest Bitch You Ever Saw

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • LocationRhode Island
  • XBL GT:NewGrimmieTime
dimensions ruined tina running up? how dare they >:o

Shaw Fujikawa

Shaw Fujikawa

The Aspie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • XBL GT:G941 HellHound
  • 3DS FC:4940 - 5638 - 3444

I looked back at the doawiki to make sure (I take what's here as fact so far, but you never know, TN they could change things... I remember them saying that along with Tina getting the DOA1 tournament winnings, she had also been runner up, but DOA:D changed that by saying Ryu came in 2nd so that parts been removed in the wiki, bleh, lol)

I don't remember anything in DOAD to suggest Ryu came 2nd. The only place it pretty much confirmed was Kasumi for 1st.

I'd trust the DOAWiki a hell of a lot less than WIkipedia, that's for sure. A lot of people on here heped write that.

Female Tengu

Female Tengu

Scorpian's troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • XBL GT:GalaxySpider
  • PSN ID :GalaxySpider
DOAD is a compilation of all DOA games. Winners can't change here.

Actually everyone can win (I mean Zack won the DOA3 price money and bought that island we all know from DOAX). But the actual storyline winners are:

DOA1 Kasumi
DOA2 Ryu
DOA3 Ayane (Hayate doesn't count because it was a dumb idea from TN suddenly having him in Ayanes final fight)
DOA4 all Ninja, because they destroyed DOATEC HQ, so I doubt that even an actual tournament was going on during this time

At least 1, 2 and 3 are confirme by TN.

Overlord Laharl

Overlord Laharl

Netherworld's Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationOverlord's Castle
  • XBL GT:got one,don't use it
  • PSN ID :Sonicstorm-19
Ryu helped out Kasumi when she was having her torn sky blast duel with Raidou

Shaw Fujikawa

Shaw Fujikawa

The Aspie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • XBL GT:G941 HellHound
  • 3DS FC:4940 - 5638 - 3444
But how does that mean he had to be in second place?

Female Tengu

Female Tengu

Scorpian's troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • XBL GT:GalaxySpider
  • PSN ID :GalaxySpider

Ryu helped out Kasumi when she was having her torn sky blast duel with Raidou

DOAD is not canon IMO. You cant just ignore 3 games because one single game forces tons of plot holes.

T-Singular

T-Singular

T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

DOAD is a compilation of all DOA games. Winners can't change here.

Actually everyone can win (I mean Zack won the DOA3 price money and bought that island we all know from DOAX). But the actual storyline winners are:

DOA1 Kasumi
DOA2 Ryu
DOA3 Ayane (Hayate doesn't count because it was a dumb idea from TN suddenly having him in Ayanes final fight)
DOA4 all Ninja, because they destroyed DOATEC HQ, so I doubt that even an actual tournament was going on during this time

At least 1, 2 and 3 are confirme by TN.

Actually you are wrong on the last one. Helena won but the official winner is Zack.

Scorpious

Scorpious

~The Violent Violet Ninja~

• +Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,690 posts
  • LocationOn a rooftop looking at the moon
  • PSN ID :Scorpian-17
  • 3DS FC:1547-5203-5546
  • Nintendo ID (Wii U):Scorpian-17
^ You're wrong too. Nobody won because there wasn't a final battle in the tournament. How can you finish a tournament if your building it was being held in blew up? LOL

Tbiyswag

Tbiyswag

DOAWorld Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
I actually thought Lei-Fang one at first. Due to the fact that she was about to fight Alpha-152 in Jan Lee's story.

T-Singular

T-Singular

T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

^ You're wrong too. Nobody won because there wasn't a final battle in the tournament. How can you finish a tournament if your building it was being held in blew up? LOL

The tournament was won before the building blew up. The final round was Helena vs Christie remember? I believe the bracket went like this:

http://betterbracketmaker.com/#!/4d3f7489ad3e4

incognito

incognito

• V.I.P
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
Hmm, I guess that could be right. It's just that I've always considered Alpha 152 part of the tournament for some reason and I dont consider anyone to have won the battle between Alpha 152 and Kasumi. It's easy to assume because for the 3 tournaments before that it was always the boss that ended up being in the final round of the tournament. I guess it also makes sense to asume that the ninjas actualy didnt take part in the tournament either, they just went in to destroy DOATEC at the same time the tournament was going on.

But even then it was pretty messed up, the whole organization behind the tournament got destroyed before they could aknowledge any winner, lol.

I don't remember anything in DOAD to suggest Ryu came 2nd. The only place it pretty much confirmed was Kasumi for 1st.

Check this, at 5:45

Spoiler

Not a big deal I guess, I just could have sworn that it was Tina who was DOA1's runner up before, lol (yeah, I guess this case is just a personal fanboyish problem). But for more reasons than that I hope DOA:D isnt considered canon either, but at this point I think we have to assume TN believes it is...

ThunderNinja02

ThunderNinja02

The Storm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts
  • LocationOn the roof, looking at the Thunder-storm
  • 3DS FC:1118-0932-9944

But how does that mean he had to be in second place?

if you go thriugh stories 1 and 2 in doad, there is a conversation between ryu and lisa,
he says something like ' i have no time for your game' and she replies in something like 'that coming from a man who only took 2nd place in the first tourny'

T-Singular

T-Singular

T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
I really wish they could clear up how the tournament brackets for each tournament had went. I mean, that bracket was based off of what was implied in the cutscenes. There are some other hints of who was matched up against who. Like for example, in DOA3 it looks like some of the matches were Jann Lee vs Leon, Hayabusa vs Bayman and some others. In DOA4, aside from that fan-made bracket, match ups implied are Eliot vs Brad Wong, Lei Fang vs Jann Lee and Bass vs Tina.

Still, sometimes it doesn't make sense. It would be nice if they released an official bracket for each game that says "OK, this is how it went." that would be cool.

G R I M M I E

G R I M M I E

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • LocationRhode Island
^like as a poster in the collectors edition!

HayabusaFan360

HayabusaFan360

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • XBL GT:IxNeiK0xPHANTOM
Hayabusa nuff said

YoukoFoxKurama

YoukoFoxKurama

Serpents Charm。

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationMiami, Florida.
  • XBL GT:Greedy Aerial
  • PSN ID :YoukoFoxKurama
  • 3DS FC:To Lazy.
Christie will win DOA5 easily.She's a spy who can deceive even the most serious people and charm the most passive ones as well. She slick smooth and the fastest character. She works for DOATEC, but does not really participates in the tournament unless she'S authorized by Donovan. In DOA5 the environment she fought in was probably hers and Baymans theme stage. What's funny is, it probably was taken place in Iraq or Iran somewhere in the eastern part of the world instead of Japan which is where DOA tournament would be held. This probably indicates she no longer works for Donovan and is probably against him along with Bayman who they may actually like each other. . . . .What am I saying Christie likes no one lol. But that's just my assumption so please don't begin to judge or criticize what I typed.

But yeah Christie is going to win. She is the only character who is calm, cold and collected to an extreme point of a sociopath instincts.. She just looks like that type of character that wouldn't lose in a battle.

G R I M M I E

G R I M M I E

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • LocationRhode Island
I don't think it's safe to assume who's going to win so early in the process.....they haven't even finished the game :tongue:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users